About Our Service
Tazawa Tanks offers local aquarium service in freshwater systems and fish-only marine aquariums.
We offer maintenance programs to service aquariums in the San Francisco area, as well as offering consultation services and one-time friendly visits. We pride ourselves with attention to detail and cleanliness.
What We Offer
- Flexible service schedules including evenings and weekends at no additional charge
- Consultation for any freshwater and marine (saltwater, no reef) system
- New aquarium installation and set-up (hardscape/aquascape, nitrogen cycle, initial stocking)
- Custom aquarium hardscape built and installed upon request
- Troubleshooting and emergency service
Tank Size Up to: Per scheduled visit*:
- $65 Freshwater
- $75 Saltwater
- $85 Freshwater
- $100 Saltwater
- $135 Freshwater
- $160 Saltwater
- Price to be determined at initial consult
Standard Service Includes:
- 20-50% water change (water conditioner/dechlorinator and biological booster included)
- Substrate Vacuum (gravel/sand)
- Full and thorough cleaning of algae from all aquarium glass/acrylic surfaces
- Cleaning of covers and light fixtures of algae and mineral deposits
- Cleaning/rinsing/replacement** of readily accessible filters, sponges and pads
- Chemical testing of water/tank health diagnosis
- Visual check of equipment, air and water flow
- Visual check of fish for head-count, disease, swimming and breathing
- Cleaning protein skimmer (salt water tanks)
- Refilling of auto feeder if supplied
- Balance aquarium chemistry if needed, etc.
Hourly rate for emergency/one-time service visits: $85.00 per hour (minimum 1 hour)
*Scheduled service visits are within the San Francisco area (San Francisco, Daly City/Colma, South SF), and must be no greater than 30 days. Pricing for service scheduled greater than 30 days will be determined at time of consultation. Pricing for Marin County and Peninsula ($12 addition to list price).
**filters supplied by customer or may be purchased from Tazawa Tanks